The STEM Ops Team supports and fosters a STEM academic and research environment that is inclusive and welcoming to everyone in the Amherst College community. From coordinating your safety training to collaborating on community projects, the STEM Ops Team is a resource for you.
Some projects we undertake:
- Assisting faculty with the setup of their research lab
- Programming summer research opportunities for students
- Collaborating with campus partners on events (i.e. Family Weekend, poster sessions, etc.)
- Overseeing laboratory and safety training for faculty, staff, and students
- Dreaming up new engagement activities with STEM-facing student organizations (from Inspire Science Fridays to installations, and beyond!)
Have a question about the Science Center? Curious about how to get involved in a research group in STEM? Really want to visit our mobile/inflatable planetarium? Reach out to your STEM Ops team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.