Jeffery W. Wiegand '54
LESSONS FROM AMHERST AND AFTER
1. In order to be commanded nature must be obeyed. Doesn't the song, "You Can't Hurry Love" say somewhat the same?
2. When we choose one word to use we forfeit the possible benefits of all the others. True of thoughts and actions too?
3. Don't get too comfortable; staying slightly off center pays off.
4. Try to see the extraordinary in the ordinary.
5. Just one line of poetry or a lyric that works for you seems able to last a lifetime.
Example: "When in eternal lines to time/ Thou grow'st." True also of music,O hell, Anything.