- 2009: Winter2009: Winter
- Amherst Creates
- College Row
- Feature: David Foster Wallace at Amherst
- Feature: Mere Entertainment
- Feature: The First War Memorial
- From the Folger
- Lives of Consequence: David E. Meier '77
- My Life: Javier Corrales
- Sports: Band of Brothers
- Sports: The Dream Season
- What They Are Reading
- With a $600,000 grant from the U.S. State Department, Ilán Stavans, Lewis-Sebring Professor in Latin American and Latino Culture and Five College 40th Anniversary Professor, will direct an exchange program for 21 emerging visual artists from the United States, Guatemala, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador.
- As a result of the economic downturn, the college suspended its planned renovation of the Lord Jeffery Inn until at least June 2009. The inn will remain closed for the time being.
- Longtime Dean of Students Ben Lieber will leave his post at the end of the academic year to fill a new position: dean of student research and academic support.
- Professors of Chemistry Helen Leung and Mark Marshall received nearly $378,000 from the National Science Foundation to study electron transfer and the effects of electron density.
- Amherst has created a new, need-based scholarship fund for U.S. military veterans who are accepted by and enroll at the college.