- 2013: Fall2013: Fall
- Amherst Creates
- Beyond Campus
- College Row
- Frost + Kennedy
- Our House, Emily’s House
- Point of View
- Remember When
- The Short-liners
- Treasure Hunting
About the Class of 2017
Amherst welcomed 466 members to the new first-year class, as well as 13 new transfer students. They are from 40 states and 30 foreign countries. They are Junior Olympians, Irish fiddle players and calligraphers. There’s even an embalmer’s assistant.
Photo by Chloe McKenzie ’14
- Acceptance rate: 14 percent
- Most represented state: California (for the first time in Amherst history)
- 45 percent identify as American students of color, a record-setting number for Amherst
- 9 percent are not American citizens. Another 5 percent are dual citizens of the United States and another country.
- 57 percent receive Amherst financial aid
- First Generation: Almost 18 percent of new students are the first in their families to go to college.
- Age range:The oldest new student (at 33) is more than twice the age of the youngest (16).
- High schools:Fifty-nine percent come from public high schools, 35 percent from independent schools and 6 percent from parochial schools.