Booking Space at Amherst College
Contact Names for Room Reservations
Reserving rooms and space at Amherst College is done through a variety of departments, depending on the time of year, time of day and type of space needed. Some spaces are individually monitored throughout the year by a single department.
- General Reservations - Paula Mieczkowski in the Room Reservations Office handles academic rooms after 4 p.m. and on weekends. Paula handles most of the space on campus, including all bookings for Porter Lounge (except during the summer) and all bookings all the time for Johnson Chapel and the Alumni House.
- Academic Space - Lillian Mosgofian in the Registrar's Office books all classrooms during the academic year; the rooms booked are for weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Summer Programs - Irene Berwick from Summer Programs manages the rooms across campus (except for Johnson Chapel, the Alumni House, Arms Music Center, Webster 102 and religious and theater and dance spaces) for the summer, starting after reunion in early June and finishing mid-August.
- Athletic Space - Don Faulstick in athletics oversees the booking of space in the Athletic Complex throughout the year.
- Campus Center - Jessica Jensen schedules events in Keefe Campus Center and the O'Connor Commons in Charles Pratt Dormitory except for the summer season.
- Career Center - The Career Center schedules or monitors all recruiting or career focused events on campus. The Career Center conference room is booked through the center.
- Dining/Meeting Space - Valentine Hall Terrace Rooms, conference rooms and atrium space, and Lewis-Sebring Dining Commons space, are booked by Danielle Laferriere.
- Dormitory spaces, including lobbies, gathering rooms and outside areas, are booked by the RCs responsible for each dormitory during the school year. Current RC names are available through the Dean of Students Office at (413) 542-2161. During the summer months, Irene Berwick books all dormitory space for summer programs and Residential Life is responsible for dormitories that house the summer student workers.
- The Gerald Penney Center on the first floor of the Octagon is booked by the Octagon Monitors at email@example.com during the academic year and by Irene Berwick during the summer program year.
- Music Space - Alisa Pearson in the Music Department reserves Buckley Recital Hall in every situation. Suzette Farnham schedules the rest of the Arms Music Center. Music studio and practice space in James, Stearns and Hitchcock dorms are booked by Heather Polson.
- Outside Areas - To reserve quadrangles or outside spaces (except for athletic space) contact George Shaheen in facilities and special services.
- Performance Space - Jon Doyle does the room reservations for studio spaces in Webster, as well as Kirby and Holden Theaters.
- PowerHouse - Please submit all inquiries to Powerhouse@amherst.edu. Jessica Jensen schedules events between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday in the Powerhouse. Requests for evening events after 8 p.m., or weekend events and activities must also be accompanied by an Event Notification Form. All events are subject to the approval of the Powerhouse Committee.
- Religious Space - Diane Dix in the Department of Religion does all of the reservations, all year, for Chapin Chapel, Chapin Lounge and the Cadigan Center.
- Seeley Mudd classrooms, lounge and basement level lab - Anne Torrey from the Computer Science and Mathematics Departments books the lower level lab, 014 throughout the year. She books the Seeley Mudd 2nd floor classrooms and lounge space for evenings, weekends and holiday breaks during the academic year.
- Technology Space - E-mail ATS to book lab space in Seeley Mudd, lab space in Webster 102 and Merrill Science 215.
Rooms can be booked by telephone or by e-mail and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Your voicemail has a time stamp, as does your e-mail, to avoid conflicts about who issues requests when.
|Name||Phone Number||E-mail (@amherst.edu)|
|Paula Mieczkowski||(413) 542-8269||pamieczkowski|
|Irene Berwick||(413) 542-8102||iwberwick|
|Career Center||(413) 542-2265||careers|
|Diane Dix||(413) 542-2181||dldix|
|Jonathan Doyle||(413) 542-2360||jmdoyle|
|Suzette Farnham||(413) 542-2364||smfarnham|
|Don Faulstick||(413) 542-2303||drfaulstick|
|Danielle Laferriere||(413) 542-2842||dtlaferriere|
|Alisa Pearson||(413) 542-2199||apearson|
|Lillian Mosgofian||(413) 542-5066||lmosgofian|
|Jessica Jensen||(413) 542-8317|
|George Shaheen||(413) 542-2367||gmshaheen|
|Anne Torrey||(413) 542-2100||awtorrey|