- Strategic PlanningStrategic Planning
- The Integration of Research, Teaching, and Learning
- The Integration of Curricular and Co-Curricular Learning
- Diversity and Community
- The Internationalization of Liberal Arts Education
- Support: The Financial Outlook Committee
- Support: The Facilities Framework Committee
- Support: The Technology Committee
- Steering Committee
- General Data
- Contact Us
The Technology Committee
Charge to the Committee
- What are the options/trends for online learning/teaching with technology? What can we learn from other sectors: K-12, large research universities, graduate and professional schools? What can we learn from technology use outside of education?
- How are faculty and students at Amherst College using technology now?
- What might the role of technology be in teaching, advising, and portfolio development and student assessment?
- How might we use technology to support known College goals, such as academic excellence in a “writing” and “research” college, and helping less well-prepared students or providing opportunities beyond the boundaries of the campus.
- What might we learn from the science of learning relative to the use of technology?