Support for Groups and Initiatives
There are a number of ways that the CCE supports student groups and initiatives.
- We hold a Community Engagement Opportunities Fair in the fall and spring of the academic year. All student groups are welcome to register for a space at the fair to recruit new members and/or volunteers.
- We can post information about your group's events and projects on our Community Bulletin Board. We can also add your group to our Student and Community Organizations page. Email us with details about your event or group, and we'll put it on our website.
- You may request to use CCE vehicles for transporting members of your group to an engagement related activity. There are five 7-passenger vans and one 5-passenger Prius car available for reservation.
- The CCE lobby is a meeting space that you may reserve for meetings and information sessions. The lobby is available for reservation from 5 p.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Friday, from 9 a.m.-2 a.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m. -1 a.m. on Sunday. A member from your student group should first sign the electronic space use agreement, and then you may reserve the CCE lobby online.
- The CCE staff are available to meet with any student group or serve in an advising capacity for student organizations. You can email, call, or stop by the Center for Community Engagement and make an appointment to see our staff.
- The CCE invites students to apply for funds that can be used as seed money for community engagement projects and events. The Student Community Engagement Fund is a student-directed initiative for students or groups with ideas for engagement. You may apply for these funds as an individual student, as a student group, or as a group of students with a specific initiative.
- Student leaders in the CCE created a Student Leader Manual with step by step instructions to help students run successful events.
- The CCE has an annual celebration of student involvement. All students are invited to attend. This event is held in late spring.