Athletics Team Engagement Leader Program 24 hour training
The Athletics Team Engagement Leader Program is a component of the combined efforts of the Athletics Liaisons, the Center for Community Engagement, and the Athletics Department to create a sustainable culture of community engagement within Amherst Athletics. Student-athletes accepted into this program will learn about the systems of community engagement comprised by the CCE, the Athletics Liaisons, and community partnerships and gain the skills to utilize these systems to collaborate with the Athletics Liaisons and their respective teams.
As a part of the Athlete Engagement Leader Program, participants will:
- Attend a 24 hour Interterm community engagement leadership training retreat, departing from Amherst at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, January 22 and returning at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, January 23
- Develop a deeper understanding of community engagement and partnerships in community engagement work
- Learn about the ongoing collaborative efforts between Amherst and the community and brainstorm ways to enhance Athletic Department participation in this effort
- Build skills to facilitate the role as a Team Engagement Leader
- Collaborate with the team’s designated Athletics Liaison to coordinate team community engagement efforts
- Organize at least one team community engagement initiative each semester
In return, the participant will:
- Make a difference in department culture and in the local community
- Hold a valuable resume-building leadership position on his or her team
- Form relationships with fellow team leaders, Athletic Department representatives, CCE staff, and the Athletics Liaisons
- Participate in a free, overnight leadership retreat with food from local vendors, speakers, and workshops
For questions about the program, please contact Irene Hickey at email@example.com.
To register, fill out the webform here.