PVCS for Community Partners
An important part of the work of Center for Community Engagement is our ongoing work with community organizations. Our goals are two-fold: we aim to provide community organizations with student interns that help to meet their specific needs, and we seek to provide opportunities for students to learn in the community.
We believe that expertise lives within the community and that community organizations and individuals have a profound role in the education of Amherst College students. We also believe that Amherst students have the ability to provide excellent support for community organizations. Pioneer Valley Citizens Summer strives to meet both student and community needs.
During Pioneer Valley Citizens Summer, we place Amherst interns in organizations in Holyoke and Amherst. Students work at their sites four days during the week and are in a seminar class one day a week. Learn more about PVCS.
To be eligible for participation in PVCS, Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Organizations must be located in Holyoke or Amherst and have a public service mission and serves the greater good of the community
- Organizations need to have a direct supervisor for interns
- Organizations must be able to provide meaningful work for interns during the summer
- Organizations must submit an internship job description by February 3, 2014
How to participate
If you are a community organization interested in hosting an PVCS intern over the summer, please be sure to read over the information below and submit your job description by February 3, 2014.
- Timeline for organizations
- Creating an internship job description
- Submit an internship job description
Do you still have questions?
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Julia Alexander at email@example.com.