- Center for Community EngagementCenter for Community Engagement
- Experiential Learning
- Leadership & Innovation
- Internships & Summer Experiences
- Resources for Engagement
Community Engagement Leader Application
Are you interested in working to build partnerships and initiatives that facilitate positive social change?
Would you like to work to make community engagement the norm at Amherst College? Then you want to join the Center for Community Engagement’s CEL team! Our leaders manage local partnerships, work with campus groups and departments, and organize campus events while developing their own leadership and management skills.
Educational Partnership Leaders
Educational Partnership Leaders are responsible for both day-to-day operations and many big picture elements of the programs. These CELs are responsible for recruiting and training tutors, and assigning tutors to sessions based on their schedules. Educational Partnership Leaders ensure that tutors have transportation to and from the site, take attendance, keep the website up-to-date, track the budget, and organize recreational and end-of-the-year events. Hours will generally be between 4-7 per week. These positions requires a minimum 3 semester commitment. The three semesters need not be consecutive. For example, a student may choose to study abroad during their time as a CEL, and in fact, studying abroad is highly encouraged.
Top 10 Reasons to Be a CEL *(As Reported By Past CELs)
- earn money doing something meaningful
- develop leadership skills
- work with CCE staff
- make friends
- learn how things get done at Amherst College
- make connections
- shape Amherst College’s future
- event planning
- advise on policies and procedures
- be able to work more intensely with an organization you love
- help improve, support, and sustain an organization
- have a chance to lead groups and events
Ready to Apply?
Fill out the online application webform.
For more information, please contact Dean Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.