- Leadership Initiatives
- Community Engagement Leaders
- Social Innovation Leadership Team
- Athletes in the Community
- Equity Project
- Alumni Engagement
El Arco Iris Youth Advisor Application
Youth Advisor (Tutor) Position Description
Youth Advisors travel to Holyoke twice a week to spend approximately two hours at El Arco Iris. They are all each mentors, tutors, and workshop leaders.
Youth Advisors spend between thirty minutes to an hour working with youth as tutors on homework. They nurture intellectual curiosity and motivate tutees to enjoy learning and develop academic interests. During the second hour, Youth Advisors lead or facilitate workshops planned by the Advisor team.
Transportation is provided to and from El Arco Iris.
Youth Advisor Responsibilities
- Commit to two days each week from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. (Advisors may select days that work best with their schedules)
- Serve as mentors to program youth
- Attend bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Cooperatively develop and run a workshop once a week for the participants
- Assist in planning a campus visit each semester
- Attend Holyoke Bound - a one day orientation
Desired Qualities in Youth Advisors
- Reliability and dependability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with and build trust with Holyoke youth
- Perserverance, patience, and passion