- Center for Community EngagementCenter for Community Engagement
- Experiential Learning
- Leadership & Innovation
- Community Engagement Leaders
- Social Innovation Leadership Team
- Athletes in the Community
- Leadership Initiatives
- Internships & Summer Experiences
- Resources for Engagement
The Vela Scholars Program relies strongly on Amherst tutors to be present. Therefore, it is important that everyone commit to his/her schedule. Tutors must attend their shift every week for 12 weeks.
Each tutor is allotted 2 absences. After 2 absences, the tutor will be asked to leave the program. Attendance is very important in the Vela program. The students and staff expect us to show up each day, on time, and ready to work.
If an extenuating circumstance arises and prevents you from attending:
Email, call, or text Gillian Lupinski (glupinski15, 203-451-1690) at least 24 hours in advance.