Information Technology provides a variety of services to faculty members, including computers, email, network drives, common software, web pages, and other resources. The Academic Technology Services division of IT can assist you with your technology needs for teaching, the classroom, and research, including the Moodle learning management system for course web sites, e-reserves and audio/video reserves. The AC Data web site provides faculty members with real-time access to class lists, advisee schedules, and advisee transcripts. The IT service desk (AskIT@amherst.edu or (413)542-2526) is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and students staff the desk in the evenings and on weekends. For more information, visit the IT web site.
How to Contact Information Technology
We are here to support you in all your technology needs. The Help Desk is your main point of contact for all the services IT offers. We are located on the first floor of Seeley Mudd and also provide student support on A-Level at Frost Library. Here is how you can contact us:
- Email: AskIT@amherst.edu
- Phone: 413-542-2526
- Classroom Hotline: 413-542-5069
Academic Technology Consultants
Academic Technology Services offers expertise in technologies that enhance in-class activities, course projects, data collection and analysis, and more. We offer individual consultation and provide instruction to classes or small groups. Our specialists can also help you make the best use of the Learning Management System, https://www.amherst.edu/go/lms. Please visit our website at https://www.amherst.edu/go/ats for information about the services we offer.
IT Needs Your Feedback!
- We are always looking for ways to improve. Here are some of the ways in which you can provide feedback:
- Every semester, you will receive a classroom survey to provide feedback about any of the rooms in which you teach. Your participation is crucial to help improve the classroom experience.
- You will receive an “IT Satisfaction Survey” after every request, so you can let us know anything about the resolutions we provide and the interactions.
- You can call us at x2526 to report any ongoing or recurring issues.
- You can always meet with individual IT staff and the CIO, David Hamilton, is always happy to hear from you. We are here to help!
Moodle Hotline and Training for Faculty
If you are interested in attending a workshop for Moodle, please call Information Technology Support Services at x2526 to inquire about workshop schedules for Moodle. If you have immediate questions about Moodle at Amherst College, please contact IT. You may also visit the Moodle Knowledge Base for immediate information.
Information Security Training
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that all employees of the college receive training on information security. Please visit the Information Technology website to find out about the schedule for security training.
Computers for Faculty
By now you have most likely received the computer that the college provides; but if you need any assistance or need other computing resources, don’t hesitate to contact Information Technology Support Services at x2526. For more information about the computing resources we provide, please click here.