- Dean of the FacultyDean of the Faculty
- Academic Calendars
- Dean's Staff
- Faculty Committees
- Faculty Handbook, Policies, and Procedures
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Housing
- Faculty Meetings
- Funding for Faculty
- Funding for Students
- General Information
- Information about Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion
- Information for Department Chairs
- New Faculty
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Teaching and Advising Program
- Technology Support for Teaching and Research
Office of the Dean of the Faculty
The dean of the faculty is the chief academic officer of Amherst College and has primary responsibility for matters of academic policy that affect the faculty and for the educational consequences of the academic budget. The dean oversees the Robert Frost Library, the Mead Art Museum, the Beneski Museum of Natural History, the Office of the Registrar, and the Department of Atheltics and Physical Education.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Please visit our deadlines page for important upcoming dates.
- Faculty housing sublets available/wanted (listings).
Faculty Handbook/ Procedures/Policies
DEAN OF THE FACULTY
Catherine Epstein became Amherst’s dean of the faculty in July 2014. A professor of history at the college since 2000, she is a scholar of German history and the author of four books, including Model Nazi: Arthur Greiser and the Nazi Occupation of Western Poland (Oxford, 2010) and a textbook, Nazi Germany: Confronting the Myths (Wiley-Blackwell, forthcoming). Dean Epstein has taught a wide range of European history classes, including courses on the Holocaust, Nazi Germany, and World War II.