If your project involves international travel, you must include with your proposal a signed International Travel Waiver of Liability found at https://www.fivecolleges.edu/system/files/attachments/5csponswaiverac.pdf. If you are under 18 years old, both you and your parents must sign the waiver.  International travelers must also submit a signed statement that you have registered your trip with the Amherst College Travel Registry and the AIG/Travel Guard. Please visit the Study Abroad website for information on Health and Emergency Medical Assistance.

Students traveling on college-sponsored trips* in countries that have significant political unrest, a natural disaster, or other country or region-specific disturbance should carefully consider the risks with their families and in consultation with official sources of travel information such as the U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The college does not make any representations as to the safety (or lack thereof) of any particular location; however, the college may, in its sole discretion, require a special waiver, in addition to the international waiver, to be signed by the student and the student’s parents or guardians before receiving funds to study or travel or before being placed on educational leave for a semester abroad. In rare instances, the college may prohibit a student from being placed on educational leave or from receiving funds to study or travel on a college-sponsored trip in a particular country. Students who nonetheless still choose to study abroad or travel to that country may not transfer credit or financial aid or other college funds and would need to take a personal leave from the college or travel independently in order to participate in the program.

*College-sponsored trips are either funded (in full or in part), arranged, and/or credit by the college.