Your laboratory research may require additional safety training.
- Liquid Nitrogen Safety Training (online and in person)
- Dry Ice Safety Training (online)
Liquid nitrogen and dry ice are located in B024A, a room off the loading dock. Please be sure to complete the online safety training before working with liquid nitrogen and dry ice. These training are available in Traincaster, under the Courses in Catalog section. Please contact Maureen Manning or Jason Williams if you do not have access to Traincaster. The training must be completed before card access is granted. Once completed, please contact Maureen Manning for card access.
Please reach out to Jason Williams for hands-on liquid nitrogen training.
- Maureen Manning- firstname.lastname@example.org, 413 542-8328
- Jason Williams- email@example.com, 413 542-2736
Other helpful links:
- Amherst College Environmental Health & Safety main webpage
- Teaching Lab Safety Video
- Dust Masks/Respirator Policy You may require the use of filtering facepiece respirator (dust mask). These are provided at no cost to the employee for those who wishes to wear them. In order tto wear a dust mask please review the policy.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for chemicals and specific equipment
- Vehicle Safety
- Access Amherst College online SDS information
- Incident Report Form
- Occupational Health & Safety Medical Questionnaire (to be completed by anyone working with animals- this includes, fish, rodents, birds, and drosophila).