Occasionally, entering first-year students have credit from previous college chemistry courses and wish to place out of courses in the Department’s general-chemistry sequences. Students considering placing out of one or more general-chemistry courses are advised to contact the Department soon after arriving on campus. The Department will evaluate these requests on a case-by-case basis.  Useful information for transfer students is found on the "For Non-Majors and New Students Page."