Several mathematics or statistics graduates have gone on to be actuaries.
What is an actuary? Actuaries specialize in evaluating and finding ways to manage risk.
To find out why you might be interested in becoming an actuary, click here.
To take a look at some suggested coursework for an actuarial career, click here.
To learn more about the actuarial exams, click here.
For more information, check out these links:
- Be An Actuary - Official site provided by SOA and CAS
- SOA - The Society of Acturaries
- CERA - Chartered Enterprise Risk Agent - Credential
- CAS - Casualty Actuarial Society
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- The American Academy of Actuaries
- International Actuarial Association
- Actuarial Students National Association
- Amherst College Career Center
- UMASS Actuarial Science website