Several mathematics or statistics graduates have gone on to be actuaries. What is an actuary? Actuaries specialize in evaluating and finding ways to manage risk.
- Find out why you might be interested in becoming an actuary.
- Suggested coursework for an actuarial career.
- Learn more about the actuarial exams.
For more information, check out these links:
- Be An Actuary - Official site provided by SOA and CAS
- SOA - The Society of Actuaries
- CERA - Chartered Enterprise Risk Agent - Credential
- CAS - Casualty Actuarial Society
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- The American Academy of Actuaries
- International Actuarial Association
- Actuarial Students National Association
- Amherst College Career Center
- UMASS Actuarial Science website