The sub-pages of this page contain information you need to understand the honors qualifying exam in mathematics and prepare for taking it. While the honors qualifying exam and the comprehensive exam are separate exams, students preparing for the honors qualifying exam should also benefit from studying the content linked below. In particular, the comprehensive exam syllabi linked below are also the syllabi for the honors qualifying exam, but some problems on the honors qualifying exam may be more difficult than those on the comprehensive exam.
- The departmental policy for the honors qualifying examination in mathematics
- The syllabi for the courses covered on the examination
- Study guides to help you prepare
- Advice for how to study for the exam
- Previous comprehensive examinations
- Solutions to old comprehensive examinations
Questions about the Honors Qualifying Exam in Mathematics can be emailed to MathComps@amherst.edu.