Ensembles and Performance Opportunities
- Choral Society: The Choral society is made up of the 65-voice Glee Club, Madrigal Singers, and Concert Choir. Each group performs repertoire from the medieval canon to present-day works by Amherst Facutly members.
- Concert Choir: Approximately 30 musicians who perform a wide variety of SATB choral works ranging from medieval madrigals to modern music. This is a select chamber choir from within the Glee Club.
- Glee Club: The Glee Club is the oldest musical group at Amherst and the fifth oldest collegiate choral ensemble in America. Amherst is known as "The Singing College" for its long and varied musical history.
- Madrigal Singers: The Madrigal Singers are a 10-15 member student-directed ensemble specializing in medieval and renaissance repertoire.
- Jazz Ensemble and Combos: Amherst College supports a jazz ensemble, several jazz combos, and private instruction for all jazz musicians.
- Symphony Orchestra: The Amherst Symphony Orchestra consists of about 60 Amherst College students as well as up to 10 musicians from the other schools of the Five College Consortium.
Arianne Abela || Lecturer and Director of the Choral Music Program
Bruce Diehl || Senior Lecturer and Director of Jazz Performance
Mark Lane Swanson || Senior Lecturer and Director of Instrumental Music; Orchestra Conductor