- Course Evaluations, Spring 2015
- Faculty & Staff
- Pioneer Valley Soundscapes
- Music at Amherst Series
- Friends of Music
- New Student Information
- Performance Opportunities
- Community Engagement
- Prizes and Awards
- Prospective Students
- Theory Placement Exam
- Ethnomusicology Certificate
Rooms 209 and 221 will be left unlocked at all times and will be open on a first come-first served basis to anyone in the Amherst College community free of charge. These rooms may be used anytime the building is open (see posted hours).
Controlled-Access Practice Rooms
All practice rooms except for rooms 209 and 221 will remain locked, and are available only to those individuals who have signed up for practice room access and paid the key deposit. All practice rooms may be opened by a single key, which will be distributed at the sign-up time, and for which there will be a refundable deposit of $25. Key distribution is done during the first two weeks of classes from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Students Wishing to Reserving Practice Time:
Amherst College students enrolled in performance courses may reserve two hours per day up to fourteen hours per week; students not enrolled in performance courses may reserve one hour per day up to seven hours per week. The only day to sign up for the entire semester is the Sunday immediately following the end of Add/Drop.
Only students enrolled at Amherst College or Five-College students enrolled in Amherst College music courses may reserve practice time.
Students NOT Wishing to Reserve Practice Time:
Practice rooms will be available on a first come-first serve basis during the hours when the building is open (see posted hours). Rooms must be relinquished upon request to those holding reserved hours.
Regulations Concerning Practice Room Sign-up and the Issuing/Returning of Keys:
- Students may sign up for a practice room access key during the first two weeks of each semester Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Senior Music Majors preparing Honors recitals may also reserve time during this two-week period. On the Sunday immediately following the last day of course changes, all other students may reserve practice time if they desire - sign up hours are 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. that evening.
- After this announced deadline has passed, a penalty fee of $10 CASH will be charged to purchase a key.
- Amherst College students may arrange for instrument and music locker rental during the first two weeks as well. (Lockers available at student's own risk). The fee is $5.
- A refundable deposit of $25 (cash only from Five College students) must be paid for a key at the time of signing up for practice room access.
- All keys must be returned by the last day of the examination period at the end of the second semester (or at the end of the first semester for students who will not be using practice rooms during the spring), at which time the $25 deposit will be refunded. Underclass students failing to return keys will be denied subsequent registration until the key is returned. (A $50 penalty will be charged to the student's College account.) Seniors failing to return keys will be denied graduation. (A $50 penalty will be charged.) Grades in courses enrolled in by Five College students who fail to return practice room keys at the end of the semester will be entered as incomplete.
- PRACTICE ROOM KEYS ARE EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE USE OF THOSE TO WHOM THEY ARE ASSIGNED.