- Amherst College Music Tutors Program provides musical assistance to the Amherst Public School’s instrumental music programs, thereby emphasizing the importance of musical education as well as strengthening those programs through the connection to Amherst College.
- Private Lessons are offered by professional adjunct instructors in the Music Department.
- Chamber Music: The Chamber Music program at Amherst brings together student musicians in ensembles of varied instrumentation and voices. Like other performance ensembles at Amherst, students need not be music majors in order to participate.
- Concert Choir: Approximately 30 musicians who perform a wide variety of choral works ranging from medieval madrigals to modern music.
- Glee Club: The Glee Club is the oldest musical group at Amherst, also known as "The Singing College" for its long and varied musical history.
- Jazz Ensemble and Combos: Amherst College supports a jazz ensemble, several jazz combos, and private instruction for all jazz musicians.
- Madrigal Singers: The Madrigal Singers are a 10-15 member student-directed ensemble specializing in medieval and renaissance repertoire.
- Symphony Orchestra: The Amherst Symphony Orchestra consists of about 60 Amherst College students as well as up to 10 musicians from the other schools of the Five College Consortium.
- World Music Performance Program: The World Music Performance Program includes the study of vocal and instrumental music in any area for which there is an interest and for which a teacher can be found.
- Chorus: Known as the Singing College, Amherst College has a very strong choral tradition.
Arianne Abela || Lecturer and Director of the Choral Music Program
Bruce Diehl || Senior Lecturer and Director of Jazz Performance
Mark Lane Swanson || Senior Lecturer and Director of Instrumental Music; Orchestra Conductor