Declaring the Psychology Major:
To declare the psychology major, please consult the Major Requirements and send an email to the chair, Professor Julia McQuade, firstname.lastname@example.org, with answers to the following questions:
- Please list when you took Intro to Psychology (or, for students who started in the class of 2024 or 2023, the score you received on the AP Psych exam).
- Please list when you took or will take, a statistics class, including PSYC 122, STAT 111 or 135, ECON 360, or a statistics course at another college or university (remember that stats must be taken by the end of sophomore year).
- Please list when you took or will take research methods or a lab class (remember that one of these classes must be taken by the end of junior year).
- Please list which of the intermediate classes you have taken, or are most interested in taking (remember that you must take at least one class from each of three distinct areas).
- Please list which advanced seminar(s) you have taken, or are most interested in taking (remember that each advanced seminar has an intermediate course as a prerequisite).
- When considering other academic commitments - studying abroad, double majoring, premed requirements - do you feel confident you have space in your schedule for at least nine courses in psychology? NOTE: Students in the classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023 are only required to take eight classes.
The chair will approve you as a major and assign you a faculty advisor after submission of the above questions. Once you have received an email approving you to major you may declare the major through the workday system.