In 1991, the A. Remizov and S. Remizov-Dovgello Papers were donated to the Amherst Center for Russian Culture by Thomas Whitney, Class of 1937.
There is internal evidence to suggest that Konstantin Solntsev, former owner of The Remizov Papers, incorporated Dixon's materials into the A. Remizov and S. Dovgello-Remizov Papers.
In 1994, both collections underwent archival appraisal according to modern archival standards. As a result The Dixon Papers were separated from tbe A. Remizov and S. Dovgello-Remizov Papers. The Dixon Papers are now a separate collection.