- Amherst Center for Russian CultureAmherst Center for Russian Culture
- "Losing a Country, Finding a Home"
- Cataloged Archives
- Aleksandra Balashova Papers
- Aleksis Rannit Materials
- Alexei Antsiferoff Papers
- Alexei Remizov Albums and Supplementary Materials
- Alexei Remizov and Serafima Remizova-Dovgello Papers
- Anatolii Tarasenkov Collection
- Andrei Bely Papers
- Andreyev Family Papers
- Anna Saakiants Collection
- Archbishop Ioann Shakhovskoy Papers
- Aron Pressman Opera Scores
- Autograph Collection of 1911
- Churaevka Russian Village Collection
- Commerce and Trade Credit Mutual Materials
- Coordinating Committee for the Russian Refugees in France Records
- Emanuel (Eduard) Sztein Collection
- Felix Roziner Papers
- Galina Mikhniuk Papers Finding Aid
- Gennadii Panin Papers and Collection of Autographs
- Georgii Golokhvastov Papers
- Georgii Novitskii Collection
- Gippius/Merezhkovsky Papers
- Grigorii Poliak Papers
- Halperine-Kaminsky and His Contemporaries Collection
- Irene Graham Papers
- Ivan Shkott Papers
- Jacob J. Bikerman Collection on Nikolai Gumilev
- Journal New Review (Novyi Zhurnal) Records
- Journal New Review (Novyi Zhurnal) Records Addendum
- Katia Anzi-Stoliarova Collection
- Konstantin Parchevskii Papers
- Konstantin Solntsev Papers
- Kuban Cossacks in France Materials
- Lana Peters (Svetlana Allilueva) Papers
- Lev Shestov Collection
- Maria Karmina-Chitau Papers
- N.S. Slavianskii Collection of Musical and Theatrical Materials
- Naum Gabo Papers
- Nikolai Avskentiev Papers
- Nikolai Yantchevsky and His Contemporaries Collection
- Olga Carlisle Collection
- Osip and Nadezhda Mandelshtam Collection
- Petro and Zinaida Grigorenko Family Papers
- Posev Publishing House Collection
- Records of The Union of Russian Writers and Journalists Abroad
- Roerich Collection
- Roman B. Goul Papers
- Russian Pedagogical Society in France Records
- Samizdat Collection
- Samsonoff Papers
- Shakhovskoy Family Papers
- Solzhenitsyn 'The First Circle' Manuscripts
- Stepan Kolokol'nikov Papers
- Terentieva and Boldyrev Collection
- The National Alliance of Russian Solidarists (NTS) Collection
- Vadim Kreyd Papers
- Vladimir Dixon Papers
- Vladimir Dixon Papers Addendum
- Vladimir Lebedev Collection
- Vladimir V. Brand Papers
- Vladimir Zenzinov Papers
- Yurii [George] P. Ivask Papers
- Zarotchintseff Printed Materials
- Zernov Family Papers
- Center Description
- For Visiting Scholars
- Listing of Collections
The papers are organized as follows:
Series II. Writings
- Subseries 1. Prose
- Subseries 2. Poetry
- Subseries 3. Memoirs and Documents
Series III. Printed Materials
- Subseries 1. General Works
- Subseries 2. Philosophy and Culture
- Subseries 3. Literary Criticism
- Subseries 4. Reviews and Notes
- Subseries 5. Varia
Series I, Correspondence, 1951-1994, 12 linear feet, 12 boxes, contains two-sided and one-sided correspondence of authors with editors and the editorial staff of Novyi Zhurnal including Roman Goul, Mikhail Karpovich, Yurii Kashkarov, Vadim Kreid, Zoia Yur’eva, and Alexander Pushkin.
Series II, Writings, 1951-1994, 19 linear feet, contains published and unpublished manuscripts of artistic works (originals and copies) including prose (short stories, tales, chapters from novels, essays), poetry, memoirs, and documents. The series consists of three subseries.
Subseries 1, Prose, 11 boxes, contains manuscripts (originals and copies) and publications of prose works. Among them are works by Mikhail Bulgakov (typewritten copies received from the USSR), Arkadii Belinkov, Ivan Bunin, Vladimir Veidle, Sergei Gollerbakh, Roman Goul, Ilyazd (Ilya Zdanevich), Boris Zaitsev, Alexander Kondratev, Yurii Krotkov, Alla Ktorova, Yurii Maltsev, Yurii Mamleev, Dm. Merezhkovsky, Marina Paley, Konstantin Pleshakov, Leonid Rzhevsky, N. Terletsky (pseudonym Rene Guerra), Dmitrii Shlapentokh, etc.
Subseries 2, Poetry, 3 boxes, contains manuscripts and publications of the poems (originals and copies) of Lydia Alexeeva, Yurghis Baltrushaitis, Ella Bobrova, Alexander Bisk, Dmitrii Bobyshev, Vladimir Veidle, Anatolii Velichkovsky, Lia Vladimirova, Gleb Glinka, Ivan Elagin, Vyacheslav Ivanov, Yurii Ivask, Violetta Iverni (V. Betaki), Oleg Iljinsky, Yurii Ioffe, Dmitrii Klenovsky, Vadim Kreid, Mikhail Kreps, Rina Levinson, Sergei Makovsky, Larisa Miller, Nikolai Morshen, Boris Nartsissov, Irina Odoevtseva, Boris Pasternak, Alexander Pushkin, G. Raevsky (Otsup), Aleksis Rannit, Igor Chinnov, Zinaida Shakhovskaia, and others, in addition to a collection of over 200 of Valerii Pereleshin’s sonnets.
Subseries 3, Memoirs and Documents, 5 boxes, contains manuscripts of memoirs (originals and copies), publications of historical documents, and epistolary materials of Russian writers, cultural figures and political figures including Svetlana Allilueva, Boris Brovtsyn, Ivan and Vera Bunin, Prince Ivan Vasilchikov, Vladimir Veidle, Georgii Vernadsky (authorized typescript of a book), Anna Vyrubova, Zinaida Gippius, Sergei Gollerbakh, Roman Goul, Alexander Gouchkoff, Boris Zaitsev, Yurii Ivask, Iosif Ilyin, Sergei Makovsky, Pavel Miliukov, Natalia Reznikova, Marina Tsvetaeva, etc. There are also documents pertaining to the internal politics of the USSR.
Series III, Printed Materials, 1951-1994, 10 linear feet, contains articles on social and political themes, studies and articles on the history of Russian philosophy, culture, Church, and art, works of literary studies, essays, book reviews, communications, notes, letters to the editor, and obituaries. The series is organized into five subseries.
Subseries 1, General Works, 3 boxes, contains manuscripts (with editors’ and authors’ corrections) of articles on social and political themes, historical studies, and chapters from books. The authors of these manuscripts include Mikhail Agursky, Mikhail Bernshtam, Igumen Gennadii (Eykalovich), R. Kirshenstein, Iosif Matskevich, Anatolii Fedoseev, Yurii Felshtinsky, etc.
Subseries 2, Philosophy and Culture, 2 boxes, contains manuscripts of articles (with editors’ and authors’ corrections) regarding questions of culture and philosophy. Noteworthy among them are articles by Igumen Gennadii (Eykalovich), Sergei Gollerbakh, Sergei Levitsky, and Rostislav Pletnev.
Subseries 3, Literary Criticism, 3 boxes, contains manuscripts (with editors’ and authors’ corrections) of literature studies articles on Russian writers and Russian literature by Nina Berberova, Vladimir Veidle, Vladimir Zlobin (chapters from the book Tiazhelaia dusha), Yurii Ivask (manuscript of the book Pokhvala rossiskoi poezii with author’s corrections), Oleg Iljinsky, Vadim Kreid, Boris Nartsissov, Temira Pakhmuss, Rostislav Pletnev, Tatiana Fesenko, etc.
Subseries 4, Reviews and Notes, 1 box, contains manuscripts with editorial corrections of book reviews sent to the editors, communications and notes, in addition to letters to the editor and obituaries. It includes a large number of the reviews and notes of Igumen Gennadii (Eykalovich), Sergei Gollerbakh, Roman Goul, Sergei Zhenuk, Vyacheslav Zavalishin, Yurii Ivask, Oleg Iljinsky, Vadim Kreid, Sergei Kryzhitsky, Irina Odoevtseva Valerii Pereleshin, Rostislav Pletnev, Mark Raeff, Leonid Rzhevsky, and Tatiana Fesenko.
Subseries 5, Varia, 1 box, consists of xeroxes and photocopies of published manuscripts.
Roman Goul Archive
At the present time the contents of this division are preliminarily organized into three series:
Series I, Correspondence:
- Personal and family correspondence of Roman Goul
- Copies of letters, the originals of which Roman Goul transmitted to Yale University, are separated into a special box.
Series II, Writings and Printed Material
- Manuscripts of works, preparatory materials, and notebooks
- Scripts for the radio show Freedom
- A collection of clippings from newspapers and magazines (with his markings and notes) on the themes of terror in the USSR, the Russian Church, etc.
- Books, magazines, periodicals, and brochures
- Photographic material
Series III, Writers’ Manuscripts and Archival Documents Collected by Roman Goul