In 1991, The A. Remizov and S. Remizova-Dovgello Papers were donated to the Amherst Center for Russian Culture by Thomas P. Whitney, AC 1937.
There is internal evidence to suggest that Konstantin Solntsev, former owner of The Remizov Papers, incorporated Shkott's materials into the A. Remizov and S. Remizova-Dovgello Papers.
In 1994, both collections underwent archival appraisal according to modern archival standards. As a result The Shkott Papers were separated from the A. Remizov and S. Remizova-Dovgello Papers. The Ivan Shkott Papers are now a separate collection.