- Amherst Center for Russian CultureAmherst Center for Russian Culture
- "Losing a Country, Finding a Home"
- Cataloged Archives
- Aleksandra Balashova Papers
- Alexei Antsiferoff Papers
- Alexei Remizov Albums and Supplementary Materials
- Alexei Remizov and Serafima Remizova-Dovgello Papers
- Anatolii Tarasenkov Collection
- Andrei Bely Papers
- Andreyev Family Papers
- Anna Saakiants Collection
- Archbishop Ioann Shakhovskoy Papers
- Aron Pressman Opera Scores
- Autograph Collection of 1911
- Churaevka Russian Village Collection
- Commerce and Trade Credit Mutual Materials
- Coordinating Committee for the Russian Refugees in France Records
- Emanuel (Eduard) Sztein Collection
- Felix Roziner Papers
- Gennadii Panin Papers and Collection of Autographs
- Georgii Golokhvastov Papers
- Georgii Novitskii Collection
- Gippius/Merezhkovsky Papers
- Grigorii Poliak Papers
- Halperine-Kaminsky and His Contemporaries Collection
- Irene Graham Papers
- Ivan Shkott Papers
- Jacob J. Bikerman Collection on Nikolai Gumilev
- Journal New Review (Novyi Zhurnal) Records
- Journal New Review (Novyi Zhurnal) Records Addendum
- Katia Anzi-Stoliarova Collection
- Konstantin Parchevskii Papers
- Konstantin Solntsev Papers
- Kuban Cossacks in France Materials
- Lana Peters (Svetlana Allilueva) Papers
- Lev Shestov Collection
- Maria Karmina-Chitau Papers
- N.S. Slavianskii Collection of Musical and Theatrical Materials
- Naum Gabo Papers
- Nikolai Avskentiev Papers
- Nikolai Yantchevsky and His Contemporaries Collection
- Olga Carlisle Collection
- Osip and Nadezhda Mandelshtam Collection
- Petro and Zinaida Grigorenko Family Papers
- Posev Publishing House Collection
- Records of The Union of Russian Writers and Journalists Abroad
- Roerich Collection
- Roman B. Goul Papers
- Russian Pedagogical Society in France Records
- Samizdat Collection
- Samsonoff Papers
- Shakhovskoy Family Papers
- Solzhenitsyn 'The First Circle' Manuscripts
- Stepan Kolokol'nikov Papers
- Terentieva and Boldyrev Collection
- The National Alliance of Russian Solidarists (NTS) Collection
- Vladimir Dixon Papers
- Vladimir Dixon Papers Addendum
- Vladimir Lebedev Collection
- Vladimir V. Brand Papers
- Vladimir Zenzinov Papers
- Yurii [George] P. Ivask Papers
- Zarotchintseff Printed Materials
- Zernov Family Papers
- Center Description
- For Visiting Scholars
- Listing of Collections
Sergei Boldyrev Liturgical Music Collection and Faina Terentieva Secular Vocal Music Collection
Sergei Boldyrev Liturgical Music Collection
Box#1: Liturgical compositions and chant
harmonizations by known composers. Includes mimeographs, xerox copies,
some handwritten material and several published part books. Filed
alphabetically by composer or arranger.
Box#2: •Harmonizations/arrangements with
initials of unknown composers.
•Liturgical compositions (Hymns of the Ordinary and Propers) by
Various chant harmonizations and arrangements of hymns (chant
basis indicated) as well as harmonizations for irmosy, tropari, prokimny,
ektenii, etc...(chant basis not always indicated) by unknown composers.
Contains mostly copies, but thirteen handwritten sheets are included.
Filed alphabetically by title.
Liturgical music compiled for special services (Mimeograph copies
•Collections of liturgical music. Includes published
compilations, xeroxes of compilations, and works compiled in homemade
part-books by church choir directors.
•Miscellaneous liturgical material in Russian.
Box#3: •Liturgical compositions and chant
harmonizations in English by known composers. All material appears in
either printed, mimeograph, or xerox form. Filed alphabetically by
•Collections of liturgical music in English.
•Collections ofSerbian Orthodox liturgical music.
Faina Terentieva Secular Vocal Music Collection
Box#4: •Collections of secular Russian vocal
music (folk songs, romances, operatic arias). Unless otherwise specified,
all items are printed and bound.
•Collections of Ukrainian secular vocal music.
•Collections of secular vocal works in Russian by a single
arranger or composer. Filed
alphabetically by composer.
Box#5: •Individual secular vocal pieces
(romances, folk song arrangements), professionally published and printed.
Filed alphabetically by title. Unless otherwise noted, all music is for
single voice with piano accompaniment.
•Music from operas by Russian composers. Music for voice and piano
reduction of orchestra. All items are published and professionally
printed. Filed alphabetically by the title of the opera.
•Individual handwritten parts for voice, voice with piano
accompaniment, and choral
singing. Folders contain romances, folk song arrangements, and
music from operas by Russian composers. Arrangements by various
composers, though much of the material is credited to S. Boldyrev, S.
Zharov, or K. Shvedov (arrangements by the two latter composers appear to
be transcriptions by other musicians rather than original manuscripts).
Filed alphabetically by title of song (if no title is indicated, the piece
is filed by the first several words of the song). Where possible, the
composer and/or arranger is indicated.
Box#6: •The following folders contain copies of
printed and handwritten secular vocal sheet music. The copies are
primarily in xerox form, but some carbon paper or mimeograph appear as
well. The music consists of folk song arrangements (for either choir or
solo voice with accompaniment), romances, and arias from Russian operas.
A multitude of composers and arrangers are represented here in this
collection. These individual pieces have been filed alphabetically by
Box#7:•Vocal music by non-Russian composers,
translated into Russian. Folders contain professionally published and
printed sheet music. Entries are filed here alphabetically by composer
(using the order of the Roman alphabet).
•Miscellaneous materials, including concert programs, a music
notebook, and sheet music printed in some special medium.
•Collections of Russian secular vocal music in English.
•Individual pieces of Russian secular vocal music in English.