Please read the following instructions carefully before requesting access to materials:
- To help us locate the material you are interested in, first consult the Listing of Collections and Cataloged Archives, then fill in the Registration Form (PDF) and send it to the Center via email, mail or fax. The form must be accompanied by a cover letter to the director, Professor Catherine Ciepiela.
- Researchers, whether visiting in person or inquiring by email or phone, are asked to give as much information as possible about the location of the material requested. Providing the title, author, call number and any other information makes the process of finding the material much more efficient.
- All collections must be used in the reading room of the Center. We regret that materials at the Center for Russian Culture do not circulate.
- When possible, we are happy to provide scans or photocopies of manuscripts and printed matter; please inquire what the rates are for such work. In most cases, researchers who work at the Center may photograph documents in the collection; there is a camera fee of $10.00.
- We can make up to fifty copies of archive pages per person per year. A fee is assessed to cover photocopying and postage. Fill in the Request for Duplications Form (PDF) and send it to the Center via email, mail or fax. The form must be accompanied by a cover letter to the director, Professor Catherine Ciepiela.
- In addition to its archives, the Amherst Center for Russian Culture houses a large collection of Russian books and periodicals. These collections are searchable in the Five College Library Catalog by using Advanced Search, with Location “AC Center for Russian Culture.”
- When the Amherst Center for Russian Culture is closed, arrangements can often be made to look at our archival material in the Special Collections room of the Amherst College Library. Contact us for more information.
Please note: The Center can neither accommodate nor make reservations for visitors who plan to stay the night. For help making your own arrangements, see Local Lodging, Public Transportation and Campus Map.
Amherst Center for Russian Culture
Amherst MA 01002-5000