- Men of the Valley
- Mulicultural Resource Center
- Peer Advocates of Sexual Respect
- Pride Alliance
- Queer Resource Center
- Queer Women of Amherst College (QWAC)
- Sexuality, Women's and Gender Studies Department
- Women's and Gender Center
- Center for Feminisms (CFF)
- Civil Liberties and Public Policy program
- Queer Community Alliance Center
- Center for Women & Community
- The Stonewall Center
- Trends for Women in Science and Technology (TWIST)
- Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Department
Groups across the five colleges
- Antioch University - Comparative Women's and Gender Studies in Europe
- Insight Global Education - Semester in Development program (Kampala, Uganda)
- Saint Mary's College - China Summer Program
- Star Service & Study Abroad - Summer program in Ghana
- Stockholm School of Economics (The Swedish Program) - Classes are taught in English
- University of Oslo (Norway) - International Summer School (Many classes taught in English)
For more information about study abroad opportunities, please contact the Study Abroad Office.
- Civil Liberties & Public Policy (Hampshire College) - Reproductive Rights Activist Service Corps (RRASC) Summer Internship Program (Application deadline: January)
- Generation Teach - Partners with local schools and organizations like Teach Western Mass to provide diverse undergraduates with summer teaching experiences to inspire them to become urban teachers.
- Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus - a nonpartisan organization that promotes the participation and involvement of women of all ages in the political process.
- Miami Workers Center (MWC) - Gender justic summer internship
- NGOabroad - International volunteer opportunities
- Operation Groundswell - Service learning programs abroad that examine various social justice issues while working in solidarity with local activists, non-profit organizations, and communities.
- Trust Women - Virtual internships to students who are interested in legislative and policy work concerning reproductive justice, health care access and the creation of relevant policy at the state level.
- Verité - Amherst-based non-profit that does large-scale research projects and consulting around issues of forced labor and human trafficking around the world.
- Village Volunteers - Internship and volunteer placements for Women's Studies in Africa and Asia
- When She Speaks - Dedicated to creating a vibrant, compassionate space where women can gain the information and community they need to make more informed decisions about their bodies.
For more information about internship opportunities related to sexuality and gender, please contact the Queer Resource Center, the Loeb Center for Career Exploration and Planning, or the Center for Community Engagement.
American Association of University Women (AAUW) - Advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) - An organization which functions at the local, national, and international level to advance women in medicine and improve women's health.
Association for Women in Communications (AWC) - A professional organization that champions the advancement of women across all communications disciplines by recognizing excellence, promoting leadership and positioning its members at the forefront of the evolving communications era.
Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) - Engages in research and public policy development, public education programs, grassroots organizing projects, leadership training and development programs, and participates in and organizes forums on issues of women's equality and empowerment
Financial Women's Association (FWA) - Dedicated to developing future leaders, enhancing the role of women in finance, and investing in the community.
Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media - Research-based organization working within the media and entertainment industry to engage, educate, and influence the need to dramatically improve, gender balance, reduce stereotyping and create diverse female characters in entertainment targeting children 11 and under.
General Federation of Women's Clubs - An international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service.
Girl Scouts of the USA - ANorganization dedicated solely to girls, where, in an accepting and nurturing environment, girls build character and skills for success in the real world.
Girls Incorporated - Develops research-based informal education programs that encourage girls to take risks and master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges.
Grassroots Campaigns - Job opportunities for students at a national, progressive political consulting firm specializing in running face-to-face field campaigns.
League of Women Votes of the United States (LWV) - A grassroots nonpartisan political organization which has fought since 1920 to improve systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education and advocacy.
National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) - Works to empower its members to achieve both career and personal success through education, networking, and public advocacy.
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) - Represents the interests of all women entrepreneurs across all industries, NAWBO serves as a one-stop resource to propelling women business owners into greater economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide.
National Council of Jewish Women - Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW is a grassroots organization that strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) - Their mission is to lead, develop and advocate for women of African descent as they support their families and communities. They do this through research, advocacy and national and community-based health, education and economic empowerment services and programs in the United States and Africa.
National Organization for Women (NOW) - Grassroots organization that takes a holistic approach to women’s rights.
National Women's Business Council (NWBC) - A non-partisan federal advisory council created to serve as an independent source of advice and counsel to the President, Congress, and the U.S. Small Business Administration on economic issues of importance to women business owners.
National Women's Law Center - They champion laws and policies that work for women and families.
National Women's Studies Association (NSWA) - Dedicated to promoting and supporting the production and dissemination of knowledge about women and gender through teaching, learning, research and service in academic and other settings.
Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW) - Works nationally and in its home community of the Washington, DC metropolitan area to build pathways to economic security and equality of opportunity for women, families and elders.
Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) - A nonpartisan organization which educates and advocates on behalf of women-owned businesses.
Women's Sports Foundation - Dedicated to advancing the lives of girls and women through sports and physical activity.
Women in Technology International (WITI) - Helps women advance by providing access to - and support from - other professional women working in all sectors of technology.
YWCA USA - Dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Zonta International - A global organization of executives and professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy.