- Theater and DanceTheater and Dance
- Course Evaluation
- Welcome to New Students
- Our Facebook Page
- 2014 Spring Performances
- Information for All Students
- The Theater and Dance Major
- Faculty & Staff
- The Arts at Amherst
- Five College Dance & Theater
- Photos & Video
- Library Research Guide
- Alumni News
- Production Calendar
For complete directions to Amherst College, and information on campus parking, please click here.
Kirby Memorial Theater and The Holden Experimental Theater
Kirby and Holden are located on Route 116 (South Pleasant Street) on the Amherst College campus near the Alumni Gymnasium and the Wilson Admission Center.
The two theaters are part of the same complex, noted on the google map as Kirby Theater.
A one-way drive, parallel to Route 116, begins across from Hitchcock Road to provide access.
From the south (the direction of Hampshire College), take Route 116N and take a left at the sign for Admissions and follow the circular drive past the Alumni Gymnasium.
From the north (Amherst Center), take Route 116S, and take a right at the sign for Admissions.
Kirby Memorial Theater
Kirby Memorial Theater is located next to the Wilson Admission Center.
The Holden Experimental Theater
The Holden Theater is located behind the Wilson Admission Center,
at the back of Kirby Theater.
Webster Hall: Theater and Dance Offices and Performance Studios
Webster Hall is on the Amherst College first-year quad next to the War Memorial. To reach the quad, use the main entrance to campus from Route 116, just south of the Route 9 intersection in Amherst. Webster Hall is on the southwest corner of the quad (on the opposite end from Frost Library). Enter Webster Hall through the double doors on the right. Studio One is located on the main floor the right. Studio Three and the department offices are down one flight of stairs.
- Unless noted otherwise, tickets for all performances are free.
- Reservations are recommended for performances in the Holden Theater and Studio 3, and can be made by calling the box office up to two weeks prior to opening night at 413.542.2277.
- Reservations are usually not required for performances in Kirby Theater. All seating is general admission.
Keep up-to-date with us on Facebook!