Kirby Memorial Theater
Kirby also houses our scenic and costume shops. The scene shop is linked to the Holden Theater, easily serving both performing spaces. Off to the right of the Kirby Theater lobby is Canfield Lounge, where we hold receptions, meetings and small classes.
Holden Experimental Theater
Built in the late 1990s, Holden Experimental Theater is a 6,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art flexible theater with its own lobby, moveable seating, computer-controlled lighting and sound systems, catwalks, lighting grid, and dressing rooms.
Space RequestsKirby and Holden Theaters
- Webster studio space is primarily used for department academic use.
- Priority is given to department needs and students enrolled in T&D courses.
- Outside groups may sign up for space on a week-to-week basis.
- Extensive or recurring requests must be approved by the department, and requested at least 30 days in advance.
- Contact Jon Doyle at email@example.com with dates and times.
- Department needs may require reservations to be cancelled and rescheduled.
- In most cases, you will be notified at least 24 hours in advance if your time needs to be changed.
- Reservations cannot be cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice without faculty approval.
- Unauthorized use (e.g. not signing up, intruding on rehearsals, damaging space, marking up the floor) will result in loss of access to studio spaces.
The department supports student production in other spaces around the campus, including Marsh Arts House, Merrill Science Center, Johnson Chapel, residence halls, common rooms and outdoor sites.