Welcome to the Theater and Dance Major!
As soon as possible, it is important that you:
- Familiarize yourself with the Majors Checklist and information on course sequencing, found here.
- Meet with your advisor (or any member of the department faculty) to discuss:
- your interests and course options;
- course scheduling, pre-requisites, and sequencing issues; and
- the implications of junior-year study abroad plans and/or double majors.
Students preparing to major in the department should strive to complete the three Core Courses—THDA 111, 112, and 113—and one 200-level intermediate course in the Arts of Theater and Dance by the end of the sophomore year. The Core Courses may be taken in any order. THDA 114 and THDA 400 must be taken by the end of junior year.
Looking at pre-requisites is important. To succeed in the required senior project, you must complete an advanced studio course that will require one or more specific pre-requisites. Not all of the courses you may want to take are offered every semester, so meeting with your advisor to help you plan is important, especially if you plan on going abroad and/or double majoring!