Welcome to the Theater and Dance Major!
It is important that you:
- Familiarize yourself with major course requirements as soon as possible.
- Meet with your advisor (or any member of the department faculty) to discuss:
- your interests and course options;
- course scheduling, pre-requisites, and sequencing issues; and
- the implications of junior-year study abroad plans and/or double majors.
Students preparing to major in the department should complete the three Core Courses—THDA 111, 112, and 113—and one intermiediate course in the Arts of Theater and Dance by the end of the sophomore year. The Core Courses may be taken in any order. THDA 114 and 400 must be taken by the end of junior year.
Looking at pre-requisites is important. To succeed in the required senior project, you must complete an advanced studio course that will require one or more specific pre-requisites. Not all of the courses you may want to take are offerred every semester, so meeting with your advisor to help you plan is important!