- Theater and DanceTheater and Dance
- Course Evaluations, Spring 2015
- 2014-15 Performances
- Our Facebook Page
- Prospective Students
- Student Opportunities
- The Theater and Dance Major
- Faculty & Staff
- Five College Dance & Theater
- The Arts at Amherst Initiative
- Library Research Guide
- Alumni News
- Photos & Videos
- Mission and Goals
- Welcome to New Students
Mosaic: The Five College Multicultural Theater Committee
Mosaic: The Five College Multicultural Theater Committee, supported by the Five College Theater chairs and Five Colleges, Inc., is charged with furthering multicultural perspectives in theater in our community. For nearly two decades, it has done so by supporting visits from guest artists, five-college productions, and workshops that foreground the experiences of people of color.
Our work falls into three categories:
- Artist Residencies: Artists and projects selected by the committee will teach and present on at least three of the five colleges culminating with a public presentation of their work.
- Mini-Grants for student-centered productions: The committee will award matching funds to support productions, newsletters, and honoraria for workshops and guest artists. Awards are normally no more than one half of the total budget for the event.
- WORD!: Our annual multicultural student play-reading festival designed to encourage student writers who engage multicultural themes in their work. Each year in the spring semester, up to ten short, original works are selected to be presented as staged readings. Their authors receive an award from the James Baldwin Memorial Fund. A different campus hosts the festival each year.
Currently, the Amherst College representative on the committee is Ron Bashford.
To follow the activities of the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee, like our facebook page!
For more information on the committee and various grant and application guidelines, visit the Five College Multicultural Theater Committee website.