Student Research Fellowships

Amherst College offers students research fellowships for work during the school year, and also supported on-campus independent research during the summer.

For more information, go here.

Post-graduate Fellowships

Amherst College seniors or recent graduates who plan to attend graduate school in a field related to theater or dance, are eligible to apply for The Roland Wood Fellowship and/or The Edward Poole Lay Fellowship.  Funds are awarded annually by recommendation of the Department of Theater and Dance as a fellowship to one or more promising and deserving graduates of Amherst College for continued study in or of the theater.  However, the process is initiated by the senior student or graduate.

For deadline and application information, please go to

Applications are available in the Fellowships Office, the Office of Financial Aid, and in the Career Center.  Students may also contact:

Suzanne Fogel Spencer
Fellowships Assistant
213 Converse Hall
Tel.  413-542-5079
Fax. 413-542-8555

Students should send their name and campus box number in the e-mail.