Amherst has institutional partnerships with several colleges and universities around the world that offer opportunities for students and/or faculty. They are:
- The American University of Beirut in Beirut, Lebanon
- Ashoka University in Delhi, India
- Doshisha University in Kyoto, Japan
- FLAME University in Pune, India
- Göttingen University in Göttingen, Germany
- Underwood International College, Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea
- Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia
- Yale-NUS College in Singapore
Program Affiliations and Consortia
Amherst is a member of study abroad consortia and affiliates with several study abroad providers.
- Founding member of the Associated Kyoto Program
- Affiliate of the School for Field Studies (5% program fee discount)
- Affiliate of Syracuse University SU Abroad programs ($6,400 tuition discount)
- Associate Member of IES Abroad
- Academic Consortium Member of The Swedish Program
- National Advisory Council Member of IFSA-Butler
- Guild Member of Arcadia University's College of Global Studies
- Advisory Committee Member for APA Paris
Affiliation often means Amherst students have priority admission over non-affiliate schools, our faculty have an opportunity to contribute to program development and academic oversight, and participate in surveys.
Amherst College and the Director of the Global Education Office are active members in the professional associations and networks in international education. Amherst is a member of the Institute of International Education, NAFSA: Association of International Educators and the Forum on Education Abroad. These non-profit organizations require annual dues that provide members with access to the latest information, standards, and networks within the field. The Forum is recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as the standard development organization in education abroad.