Intent to Study Away Fall 2018, Full Year 2018-2019, or Spring 2019

  • Deadline for Fall 2018 or Full Year 2018-2019: Sunday, April 1, 2018
  • Deadline for Spring 2019: Monday, October 1, 2018

We cannot process this form until your major has been declared. Submit it by the deadline, and declare your major with the Registrar's office asap. Once your Intent has been processed, you will see it in AC Data under "My Documents."

Submission of this form notifies the college that you are considering a semester on educational leave, either abroad or in the U.S. It is not binding, but it is a necessary step if you want to apply to programs and, ultimately, transfer credit and financial aid. If you decide not to study away, it is your responsibility to notify the Global Education Office (GEO) that you are withdrawing your Intent. It is strongly recommended that you meet with an adviser in GEO to review your plans, after viewing the "Steps to Study Away" Prezi online, and discuss your interests with your academic adviser.

If you would like to discuss any of the following topics and how they might relate to study away, please check accordingly and an adviser will be in touch with you.:
FERPA Release : *
The Study Abroad Office will share your name with the Office of Student Affairs. We encourage you to speak with Dean Gendron about your student conduct record as your prepare for your semester in a new learning environment. Most study abroad and domestic study programs require the College to share information with them regarding your academic and disciplinary standing. To do so, we need your permission to share this information. By selecting "yes," you agree to: Give permission to Amherst College to release your academic and conduct information as requested by any study abroad or domestic study program to which you apply. “Academic information” includes courses taken, grades received, GPA, academic progress, honors, and transfer credit awarded. “Conduct information” includes any information in your student conduct file or otherwise relating to any alleged or actual violation of the Student Code of Conduct. By selecting "yes," you understand that most programs will not automatically disqualify you by virtue of having a conduct record and will provide you an opportunity to discuss your record. Selecting "yes" means you understand that the above records are protected from disclosure under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and may be released only under certain conditions, including upon your authorization by selecting "yes."
Are you petitioning a program? *
If you are not applying to a pre-approved program, you must petition the faculty Committee on Global Education. To receive a copy of the petition you must meet with an adviser in the Global Education Office.
If you are petitioning a program, with which adviser did you meet?

Enter the characters shown in the image or use the speaker icon to get an audio version.