Set up meeting time.
- Scott will set up Doodle for setting up time.
FCC's role in external review of IT
- what are the key issues/questions from faculty point of view?
- gather ideas from Admission, faculty, Library
- formulate the charge for the external review committee.
- review is intended to address structural changes
Course pages and Blackboard task force
- survey faculty on features in CMS and Blackboard
- make permission settings on pages more salient (JP Baird)
- faculty usage of Blackboard Spring 0910 and Fall 1011 (see attachment)
- suggestions for enhancements to course page functionality
- Scott formulate email to all Bb faculty asking for their feedback.
**Scott: list for ISG, survey the faculty on Bb and CMS course use, IT priorities for external review, create list of consistent Bb and CMS users, email Sam and add him to group.
Shift towards cloud-based computing
Phasing out SPSS --> R
What to do with faculty pages when faculty are no longer associated with the College.
Electronic course packs --> laptops in the classroom
ATS projects for coming year
- Virtual Computing Lab project
- replacement for Wimba
- Presentation tool
- Augmented Reality Gaming
- Cityscapes mapping application (Tokyo and Paris)
- Big Blue Button --> webconferencing tool in CMS
- Lecture capture
- R workshops for faculty
- SimQuabbin project
- Cathedral Builder 2.0
- NEH proposal --> Semantic search and visual browsing interface