Buffy Aries, Michael Ching, Adam Levine, Bryn Geffert, Bridget Dahill, Hari Kumar, Molly Mead (guest)
1. ATS Director Search
- ATS Interim Director Bridget Dahill and Instructional Designer Hari Kumar presented to the FCC what IT is looking for in a permanent ATS Director.
- Expertise in skills relating to customer service, personnel management and project management will be included in the job description.
- Goal to have ATS Director job description ready for the FCC by the December 1 FCC meeting.
- Goal to start interviewing in early spring and have a new director in place by start of 2016-2017 academic year.
2. Teaching and Learning Center Update
- Molly Mead has been tasked with putting together a working group to start planning the Teaching and Learning Center. In addition to Molly, members also include:
- Michele Barale (Faculty)
- Sarah Barr (Center for Community Engagement)
- Frank Couvares (Faculty)
- Bridget Dahill (Academic Technology Services)
- Jyl Gentzler (Faculty, Writing Center)
- Jennifer Innes (Quantitative Center, )
- Sheila Jaswal (Faculty)
- Jessica Kem (Writing Center)
- Hari Kumar (Instructional Designer)
- Missy Roser (Library Research & Instruction)
- Lisa Stoffer (Grants Office)
- The working group is considering many questions, including: What are the goals and purposes of the center? What is the faculty perspective on how the center can best support their teaching and research? What resources are already available on campus to support teaching and learning? How might a T&LC best catalyze these resources?
- Faculty of the group have started small group conversations with a diverse subset of the faculty to gather feedback.
- Molly and Hari have been visiting teaching and learning centers at other institutions and have identified some best practices.