Moving Expenses

To assist new faculty members with their transition to the Amherst area, the college contracts for their relocation and pays directly for a "household goods" move.  Typically, the college does not pay for packing and unpacking services, moving appliances, or transportation of cars.  Under the current tax law, the amount paid on individuals' behalf is treated as a taxable benefit.  Further details are provided at the time of appointment. Those with questions are asked to contact the provost's office.