- Appointment of the Steering Committee on Reaccreditation and Ad Hoc Faculty Advisory Group on Reaccreditation (February)
- The Committee of Six and the Committee on Educational Policy (CEP) were notified that preparations for the reaccreditation process were under way (February)
- The dean announced the launch of preparations for the reaccreditation review to the faculty (faculty meeting of March 1).
- The accreditation web site was launched (February).
- The first meeting of the Reaccreditation Steering Committee was held (March).
- The chairman of the board of trustees informed the board that preparations for the reaccreditation process were under way (April).
- The fiirst meeting of the Ad Hoc Faculty Advisory Group on Reaccreditation was held (April).
- The senior staff was informed about the launch of preparations for the reaccreditation (April).
- Barbara Brittingham, president of the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), visited Amherst to discuss the reaccreditation process with members of the faculty and administration (May).
- Jesse Barba, director of institutional research, attended the New England Assessment Support meeting at Middlebury College.
- Information about departments and majors was requested from chairs.
- The preliminary assignment of standards to committees and administrative units began.
- Data collection began.
- Members of the steering committee attended the NEASC self-study training workshop.
- Ongoing data collection
- Writing of first draft of self-study report took place.
- Ongoing data collection
- Writing of first draft of self-study report
- Data collection was ongoing.
- The first draft of self-study report was completed.
- Ron Liebowitz, president of Brandeis University and team chair, visited campus
- FThe frst draft of self-study report was reviewed by the president’s senior staff, the faculty advisory group, the chairman of the board, and college governing committees.
- The first draft of self-study report was shared with the campus community, and feedback was invited (February).
- Associated data forms were completed.
- The final self-study report was submitted on March 1 to the external team and to the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Planning for visit of external team was under way.
- The team visit took place April 15 to April 18.
- The team report was received and shared online.
- President Biddy Martin and Dean of the Faculty Catherine Epstein met with the CIHE.
In February of 2019, NECHE (as NEASC was renamed) notified the college that Amherst’s accreditation has been continued. In accordance with its regular policy, NECHE scheduled Amherst for an interim review in the spring of 2023 and for a comprehensive evaluation in the spring of 2028.