Thursday, August 30th, 2018, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Inn on Boltwood (formerly known as Lord Jeffery Inn)
The Provost's Retreat on Teaching and Learning offers an opportunity to reconnect with colleagues before the semester begins, to explore ideas about teaching, and to learn about pedagogical strategies.
Amherst login required for some of the resources below.
- Keynote Speakers' Bios - Michael Sweet and Alexia Ferracuti
- Keynote Presentation Slides
- “Practicing a Pedagogy That Engages Diversity.” ASHE Higher Education Report, vol. 38, no. 2, July 2012, pp. 83–101. PDF
- Inclusive Practices
- Team-Based Learning
- 4-S Discussion Activities
- TBL Peer Evaluation Form
- Academic Technology Services Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Breakout Sessions Descriptions
- Overall Event Reflections