Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Eighty faculty and forty instructional staff attended the first annual Dean’s Retreat whose focus was on Inclusive Pedagogies involving the following topics:
- High school and college student populations today: What has changed nationally?
- Creating inclusive and engaging classroom environments for all students
- Talking about race, class, gender, and other difficult topics in the classroom
- Incorporating inclusive practices in STEM courses
Dean's Retreat Recordings
- Buffy (Amherst College) spoke about student experiences of race and class at Amherst College.
- Christopher (Vassar College) addressed K-12 school policy and its impacts on a new generation of college students.
- Margery's (University of Illinois at Chicago) keynote was about a framework for fostering intrinsic motivation.
Margery Ginsberg (University of Illinois at Chicago), Stephen John Quaye (Miami University Ohio), Jacqueline Smith (UMass Amherst), Buffy Aries (Amherst College), and Christopher Bjork (Vassar College).