- Online Registration
- Registrar Staff
- Academic Calendar and Deadlines
- AC Data
- Annual Reports
- Course Information, Course List and Tools
- Course Petitions
- Classroom Assistant Request Form
- Audit Request Form
- Online Course Scheduler
- Course Scheduler Information & Directions
- Search the catalog (public search)
- Create a schedule
- Open an existing schedule (yours' or someone else's)
- Add courses to your schedule
- Add a Five-College course to your schedule
- Add personal events to your schedule
- Allow another user to see/edit your schedule
- Stop allowing someone to see your schedule
- Change the name of a schedule
- Delete a schedule
- Copy to ACData
- CEP Keywords
- Amherst College Catalog
- Courses Requiring Media Usage Webform
- Five College Textbook Information
- Course Times and Locations
- Closed/Overenrolled List
- Introductory Courses
- Amherst College Catalog
- Faculty Information
- Final Examinations
- Five College Information
- Frequently Requested Forms
- IT Registrar Calendar
- National Student Clearinghouse
- New Student Information
- Registrations Holds & How To Address Them
- Thesis Guidelines
- Transcripts and Certifications
Searching the catalog
At its core, the Course Scheduler makes it easy to search for courses. If you are a visitor (or if you are a member of the Amherst College community but not logged in) you can quickly search for courses from the Course Scheduler home screen.
If you're logged in and working with a schedule, you find the course search feature under the Find & Add Courses tab.
The items available to refine your search are:
Term: select the semester you're interested in
Subject: select a specific academic department or subject area (Biology, European Studies, etc.)
Keywords: Select one of the ten CEP-defined keywords and your search will return courses to which the keywords apply.
Title/Description: returns courses where the text of the course title or description contains a match to all of the search terms you enter
Course Number: enter a specific course number; usually used in conjunction with a specific subject area
Old Course Number: same as above, but use the old (pre-Fall 2011) course numbers
Faculty name: enter the first, last, or partial name of an Amherst instructor
Day: returns courses that meet on the day you select
Time: This one is tricky; select just one time (either "between" or "and") and you'll get a list of courses that overlap with the time you selected. Select two times and you'll get a list of courses that overlap with EITHER time you selected as well as those that take place during any time in between.
"Show all courses, including ones that have no specified time": If checked will return courses such as special topics and senior honors
"Show related courses, if applicable": If one of your search criteria is Subject, checking this box will show any and all officially-designated related courses for that subject.
The search criteria you enter are additive, so, for example, you can search the Fall 2011 semester for courses in Geology that have the word "structural" in the title or course description.
To view the courses that match your criteria, click the Search button; the results will appear below the form. To clear your current criteria, click Clear.