The SURF Program is an 8-week program held on-campus every summer (typically starting in early June). SURF's mission is to provide students with their first immersive research experience.
Students in the SURF program work closely with a STEM faculty mentor on a research project which culminates in a poster presentation during the start of the Fall Session.
To be eligible, at the time of the application deadline in Spring Semester 2024, students must be in:
The Class of 2026, or
The Class of 2027, or
The first semester of their Junior Year (in other words, students in the Class of 2025, who are on track to graduate in May 2025, are not eligible for SURF).
- The 2024 SURF application will open on January 30, 2024.
- To apply to the program, you must be a currently enrolled Amherst College Student (see above).
- The 2024 program will run from Monday, June 10th through Friday, August 2nd, 2024.
- 2024 STEM Summer Research Poster Session will be held on the first Friday of the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
- Access our Amherst College Summer Research Abstract Book 2023 here!
|Amherst College Summer Research Abstract Book 2023||1.32 MB|