Starting Monday, April 15, 2019
Writing Center Shorts are short-notice, short-session writing appointments. Available for scheduling a day in advance and limited to twenty minutes, these sessions offer the flexibility that many writers need.
To book a Short in our online scheduler, choose Shorts! from the drop-down menu at the center-top of the page.
Shorts are available in:
- Frost Library: Monday-Friday, 9-10am in the Collaboration Lab. When you enter the library, go towards the back, turn right, pass by the offices, and you'll find the Lab on the left behind a glass door just before you get to the copiers.
- Science Center: Monday-Thursday, 5-6pm, in room C201, which is on the second floor in the wing closest to Beneski.
Writing Center Shorts will be most useful if you arrive with a clear sense of purpose, a specific goal for the session, and printed copies of any materials you wish to review.
In a 20-minute session, we should have time for:
- Focused brainstorming
- Quick strategy session on getting started, organization, or thesis statements
- A brief follow-up on revisions after a previous, full-length session
- A close review of 1-2 pages of writing
- Or a short, focused conversation that is useful to you, wherever you are in your writing process.
As in our full-length sessions, the associate will provide guidance in conversation with you. Expect the session to be active and participatory. If you find you need a longer session, you may book a 45-minute appointment on our regular schedule up to three weeks in advance.
Questions? Contact the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.542.2139.