The Writing Center staff has curated this directory of web pages for explaining writing skills and practices. Many of these pages were created by other college writing centers, writing instructors, or writing textbook authors.
The Writing Process
Elements of Effective Writing
- Thesis and Argument
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Structure, Paragraphs, and Transitions
- Clarity and Grace
- Logic and Logical Fallacies
- Using Sources (includes links to citation manuals and style guides)
- Writing in Specific Disciplines and Genres includes guides to writing in the sciences, using case studies, for a job search or application, and in the workplace.
- Preparing Presentations (posters, powerpoint, lightning talks)
- Active Reading and Digital Texts