Writing Center staff have developed the following handouts to introduce essential skills and habits for successful writing, reading, and public speaking throughout college. For more guidance on these and other topics, book an appointment for a consultation.
These handouts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and may be downloaded and printed for personal use. .
- Developing as a Writer: Activities for Reflection and Planning
- Reverse Outlining
- Revising an Academic Essay
- Writing While Researching
Productivity and Accountability
- Time Management Strategies
- Creating the Conditions for Productive Writing
- Effective Accountability Groups
- Quick Guide to the Pomodoro Method
- Writer's Log for 3-hour work session