- Duke University's Thompson Writing Program offers numerous guides to writing in various disciplines.
- Purdue OWL's guides to writing in the disciplines are listed in its left-side menu under Subject-Specific Writing.
- Duke University has also published numerous guides to writing in specific genres, from policy memos to annotated bibliographies to op-eds.
Applications, Personal Statements, and Cover Letters
- The Loeb Center for Career Exploration's How-To Guides include tip sheets and examples.
- The Fellowships Office offers Application Advice, including strategies for writing the personal statement.
- Professional, Technical Writing (Purdue) focuses on rhetorical concerns for writing in the workplace, such as audience analysis and tone.
- Writing in Business (Colorado State): guidance and examples for many kinds of business writing situations such as memos, press releases, and executive summaries.
- Writing A Business Plan (Small Business Administration): guidance and templates for writing a plan for a new business.
- LabWrite: Improving Lab Reports (NC State Univ.)
- Science Writing (UNC-Chapel Hill)
- Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science Students (Penn State): an in-depth tutorial on communication in scientific and technical fields, with guidance and examples of different writing genres (lab reports, memos, presentation posters, etc.)