This page provides more options for resources to create content for course blogs, maintain travelogs, share research outcomes, develop and maintain department websites, and perform other similar college-related activities in WordPress and Amherst.edu platforms. The tips and strategies offered here optimize your webpages and web-delivered documents for accessibility in general. Make Your Webpages Accessible provides information about how to make pages accessible for use with screen-readers and other assistive technologies.
- WordPress has a plugin called Accessible Content that Amherst College enables by default for all new websites. This plugin provides an accessibility review link at the top of every page or post to check for common accessibility errors.
- Digital accessibility instructions in WordPress offer useful Designing and formatting tips for webpages.
- How to write accessible content in WordPress provides practical suggestions to make one’s content accessible.
Canva is a popular and graphically oriented and visually attractive platform.
- Use Canva's instructions to make your Webpages Accessible.
- Article by the Canva Team about inclusive design being "The one thing every designer must consider".
General Resources for Web Accessibility:
- Accessible Electronic Content Cheat Sheet provides authoritative guidelines to create accessible content on websites.
- WebAIM offers excellent tips for making websites accessible.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) AA are the original guidelines for designing and developing accessibility websites.