Earlier this year, ACT cancelled the September 9 ACT test administration at selected international locations in Asia, South Asia and Oceania. ACT did not scheduled a makeup date for that cancelled test; students affected by the September 9 cancellation received instructions on how to make a registration change to a future test date at no charge.
More recently, ACT announced the cancellation of the October 28 ACT in selected locations in Pakistan, Korea, Kenya and Honduras, but has not indicated (as of October 30) whether the most recently cancelled tests will be rescheduled.
If you are applying to Amherst College as an Early Decision applicant and you have been affected by the September or October ACT cancellations, please note the following arrangements for consideration of ACT score reports that arrive after our official Early Decision deadline of November 1:
- If you were originally registered for the cancelled September 9 ACT and you subsequently registered for the October 28 ACT or the November 11 ACT (Hong Kong and Macau only), your official score report should reach us in time for consideration at the Early Decision stage, assuming no delay in the typical ACT score report release timeline of approximately 18 days from the date of testing.
- If the cancelled October 28 ACT is rescheduled for a date not later than November 18, it is possible that your official score report will reach us in time for consideration at the Early Decision stage, assuming no delay in the typical ACT score report release timeline of approximately 18 days from date of testing. In this situation, please note:
- You should notify us that you are an ED applicant who has been affected by the ACT cancellations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ED Applicant - Cancelled ACT."
- You should send us a copy of your score report (as soon as it is released to your online account) by fax to (413) 542-2040 or by email to email@example.com with the subject line “ED Applicant - ACT Test Scores”
- We must receive your official score report from College Board not later than Wednesday, December 6.
- If the cancelled October 28 ACT is rescheduled for a date later than November 18, your official score report is unlikely to reach us in time for ED consideration. In particular, score reports for the next regular administration of the ACT on December 9 will not reach us in time for ED consideration.
Please be aware that, for consideration at the Early Decision stage, official score reports must reach us no later than Wednesday, December 6.
We hope this information will be helpful as you plan your college application process. If you have any questions about the Early Decision process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.